It's just a personal opinion, and I could be wrong, but it seems to me that these news organizations may be reporting and publishing in a somewhat biased manner. This is interesting to me because I know we've talked about how important it is for journalists to stay neutral in their reporting. I'd love to know if anyone else noticed this as well.
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Bias in the news?
Just like millions of other Americans, I have been following the election updates since the polls opened early this morning. While doing so however, I've noticed some interesting things about the tendencies of certain news stations. I've been looking at a few different news websites including MSNBC, CNN, and FOX. It seems to me that while CNN is heavily focused on Obama, MSNBC and FOX are more interested in what is going on with Romney. In addition, some of the language used in discussing the election seems like it may have a hint of bias towards one candidate or another. For example, the headline of a recently published story on MSNBC.com reads "As voters head to the polls, Romney Ryan keep campaigning."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment