Although I do feel like I am becoming a much stronger news writer, the thing I still really struggle with is keeping my own opinions out of the things I write. I am a very opinionated person to begin with, and writing about certain issues really sets me off. Sometimes when reading over my stories, I notice that I slip my opinion in without even realizing. Usually it's in a pretty sneaky way, if I do say so myself. However I know that this is a habit that I really need to get myself away from.
I'm wondering how professional journalists keep from doing this in their own stories. Do most journalists have this problem when they first start out? Is it just something that you get better at over time? Or maybe I'm just much too opinionated of a person to really be successful at this, (although I'm hoping that's not the case). I'm going to try and challenge myself these next couple weeks, by writing about things I feel strongly about, and seeing how well I can keep my opinions to myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment