Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Still a Little Flustered

I know the elections are over, but I still find myself getting frustrated over the extremism that I've heard surrounding both Mitt Romney and President Obama.  Obviously it doesn't apply to everyone, but so many people I've spoken to have said things to the effect of "well Obama won, so I guess I'll never have a job."  Or, "I'm glad Romney didn't win, I like having rights as a woman."
I know that these things have been the punchline of many political jokes, and not everyone who makes the reference actually believes that it's true.  In addition, I personally believe that both these statements have some amount of truth in their roots.
However, I wonder how many voters may have actually made their choice based solely on these two things.  It angers me because after all the research I did prior to the election, I know that there is so much more to the issues than these two extremes.  It just seems almost ignorant to me to make such sweeping statements, regardless of one's personal opinion on the two men.

No comments:

Post a Comment