I didn't realize how big of an impact Hurricane Sandy is having on the country until earlier this weekend. After receiving the UNH alert that classes would be canceled Monday and Tuesday, I decided to do a little more research into the storm.
Among other things, I discovered that both presidential candidates have had to severely modify their schedules in anticipation of the hurricane. Not only did Romney have to cancel his scheduled appearances in Haymarket, VA and Virginia Beach, VA. but first lady Michelle Obama canceled her scheduled visit to Durham, due to the curtailed operations announcement.
Maybe it's just me, but I always find it crazy that one thing can have such an impact on so many other aspects of our lives.
What is even more interesting to think about is whether or not the hurricane will have an affect on the actual presidential election. While the changes in the candidate's schedules may be too small to really change much, it is hard to know for sure what might impact voters; especially with the election just around the corner.
No comments:
Post a Comment