I thought it would be interesting to explore both presidential candidate's official campaign sites to see some of the similarities and differences between them. While doing this however, I noticed something that I never had before.
It seemed to me that both candidate's websites focused primarily on discussing the things that are "wrong" with the opposing candidate. Mitt Romney's website even had entire sections that were labeled "Obama's Failure" in red. Obama's site had links labeled "The Reality Behind Romney's 5 Point Plan". It seemed like the website's are almost more geared towards convincing voters why the other candidate is the wrong choice, rather than why the said candidate is the right one. It occurred to me that perhaps it is equally, if not more important in any election to convince one's voters why they shouldn't go for the competition.
By making potential voters see things they don't like about Romney, Obama is guaranteeing himself not only the votes of those who are in favor of him, but also of those who will vote for him out of default simply because they do not like Romney. The same is true with Romney regarding Obama.
I'm not sure why I found this to be of interest, but it is something I may want to look into further at some point.
No comments:
Post a Comment