Thursday, October 25, 2012

Balancing Act

After watching the final presidential debate, and reading a story about Mitt Romney and Richard Mourdock, I realized this week just how delicate of a balancing act a campaign is.
I've always known that a campaign takes a lot of effort and careful planning, but it had never occurred to me in the past just how much even one small comment can affect voter's opinions.  I can't even imagine how many hours must be spent planning and practicing before each debate, just to guarantee that there aren't any slips or misunderstandings.  In addition, the candidates must have to be so incredibly good at thinking on their feet, in order to deal with questions or comments they may not have been expecting.
This realization made me respect both of the candidates so much more.  I don't think I would ever have the ability or the patience to manage such a delicate balancing act.

No comments:

Post a Comment