Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Romney's changing views

After watching last night's debate, I found it interesting that Romney's views on contraceptives, abortions, and women in general seemed to have changed slightly from when campaigning first began.
One of my biggest concerns about Romney has always been his views regarding women's access to birth control, abortions, and planned parenthood services.  I believe that these things are important for many American women, and it seemed that Romney was not on the same page.  However, during the debate last night, he seemed to have somewhat changed his views on this topic.  Not only did the debate end with a commercial which stated that Romney did not oppose contraception, but the former governor stated it himself.  His exact words during the debate were “Every woman in America should have access to contraceptives.”

Although I could have misunderstood Romney's stance on these issues in the earlier months of the campaign, it seems to me that he has altered his position.  Whether this is out of personal belief, or simply to gain the votes of more women, it is something that I found hard to ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment