I wasn't sure if this was blog worthy or not, but lately I've been thinking a lot about the upcoming presidential election. The candidates and their campaigning teams put so much time, money, and effort into selling people on their ideas so that they will in turn be elected. While this makes sense in some ways, I can't help but wonder how many people really have their views changed during the campaigning. It seems to me that the majority of people I know who are either Pro Romney or Pro Obama, have been that way from the very beginning. It is rare for me to encounter someone who says, "well, I used to be for Obama, but now I've switched to Romney", or vice versa.
I know that campaigning is an important part of any election, but I can't help but wonder if it is really as important as we make it out to be. Most voting Americans appear to be set in their beliefs, and it doesn't seem like something like a bad performance during a debate will have much influence on opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment