To make sure I stay informed and fully exposed to the news, I constructed a news diet that I hope will work out well with my somewhat hectic schedule. Part of the problem I've had with keeping up with the news in the past, is that I rarely have the time to sit and read the newspaper, or scroll though online sources. I did realize however, that I spend a great deal of time scrolling through Twitter and other social networking sites on my phone throughout the day. Because of this, I downloaded both the New York Times and the CNN News apps for the iPhone. Together, these apps give me access to current news stories both in the U.S. and beyond. This way, I can check easily throughout the day without needing to be behind a newspaper or in front of a computer.
In addition, I started following NPR News and the San Francisco Chronicle on Twitter. San Francisco is my hometown, so I really enjoy being informed of things going on there. Although these don't give me access to full news stories, they tweet important headlines which often peak my interest and inspire me to go online and do more research later on.
For the last part of my diet, I changed my internet's homepage to the New York Times official website. I almost always check my E-mail and Facebook accounts over breakfast, so I thought this would be a convenient way to start my day off with current events.
No comments:
Post a Comment